Wednesday 7 March 2012

Yarn Along 01

Today, I'm joining in with



for the first time!


(Feather & Fan Blanket, March 7th 2012)

On my needles right now is the beginnings of a Feather & Fan blanket, pattern from here. Potentially this is for a lap, but most likely it's going to end up claimed by The Boy, whose love of pink and fetish for blankets exceeds most things right now. I am *not* the world's speediest of knitters by any way, shape or means (it took me five months to finish off a cowl, f'example...), but the softness of this wool keeps calling me back to it. I'm seven repetitions of the pattern in, have been knitting it for three nights... and, by my estimation, have another 93 reps to go.

Knitted in bog-standard acrylic DK (?8ply) wook, I started this on straight needles but ended up on a circular. Why? Quite simply because I became completely cheesed off by the fact the fabric of it kept twisting around on itself. Plus, given the foul weather we've been having here just lately, I'm hoping as it grows, on a circular, it will drape nicely across my lap and I can keep warm without having to bribe The Boy or one of the cats into letting me even remotely close to a blanket they've decided is theirs for the evening (I'm actually typing with Carma sat behind me on "his" blanket - which I had wrapped around me, and foolishly left behind whilst I nipped to the bathroom, only to find him curled upon it and glowering at me when I tried to tug a corner free from underneath him - and with maybe a quarter-inch of chair seat to perch upon... he's not a large cat, but he's certainly one who likes "his" space!).

Then again, we could have a warm summer...
 
On my Kindle right now, I am reading 'Fallon Idols' by Neil White. I quite like crime/psychological "thrillers" as a genre, and this was suggested to me by a friend. It's White's debut novel (he's written a few since this one), but I like to start at the beginning and work my way forwards. It's a very compelling piece, and at the moment (I'm maybe half way through... it's hard to tell with Kindle percentages), I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment