Saturday 7 April 2012

Sewn-Up-Saturday

It's been a weird few days here... although I am enjoying returning to the research of a site I was part of the excavation team during 1998/9, and cannot wait to take The Girl and The Boy to have a gander at it, I've also been knitting and sewing my fingers to the bone in order to have enough Easter Bunnies (constructed out of two separate patterns I amalgamated by the wonderfully talented Flutterby Patch)and egg-cups to provide my Godchildren and The Offspring's step-siblings and younger cousins with this year.

Add in a nasty cat bite to my dominant thumb (literally through the digit, barely missing the first distal phalange (or phalanx, if you're American!) and I've been ever-so-slightly crankier than I normally am. (And no, it wasn't Carma who bit me, thus proving the name of this blog, but my son's cat, Merlin, who has early-onset feline dementia and panicked whilst I was trying to give him the medicine our local vet prescribed for him).

But anyway... onto the cute: 
 These bunnies, who all have names (l-r, Violet, Scooter, Blue and Jasmine), are for the step-sibs (K and P) and the cousins (E and N) and were made to The Boy's specific instructions. (The assorted Godchildren's ones were all either handed to the specific child or posted at the start of the week... apparently all loved them, although my 19 year old Eldest Godson was a little bemused by his!) Not only did I use pyrography to initial their egg-cup seats, but they have those plastic eggs which you can put a chocolate treat inside their jumpers. They step-sibs and cousins all 3 years old and younger, so I didn't want to give them *too* much chocolate...

On their egg-cups.
Violet & Jasmine
Blue & Scooter
Detail of the egg-cups
All packaged and ready to go...
The Boy's egg-cup (the turtle) and The Girl's egg-cup (the shell).
Now all I have to do is knit one more Easter Bunny egg-warmer for The Boy (The Girl has refused everything bar the clam shell egg-cup I made for her...) and I'm done for another year.

Or at least, I'm done until The Boy has another "Mummy, can you make this?!" brainwave...

2 comments:

  1. Well those are very gorgeous, lucky children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, H.

      These four were but a drop in the ocean - I ended up knitting 16 all told (eldest godson has a son of his own now, and I can't gift one child in a family where there's other children, because it seems wrong, somehow!)... and that's not including The Offspring's two!

      My break from The Boy's suggestions didn't last long. I'm now knitting medieval mice from one of Alan Dart's patterns... o_O

      x

      Delete