Wednesday 4 July 2012

Workspace/WIP Wednesday (Sprites & Mice?!)

My work table today...

You'll have to excuse the appalling lighting: it's an abysmal "summer's" day here. 


Amongst the items there are an unfinished order of felt candle cake-toppers, a knitted family of mice (?meeses) I'm working on for another commission - the yellow/orange one is called Marigold and she's carrying a tiny mice baby (currently pinned to her instead of stitched, I'm afraid!), and a family of Buttercup Sprites that I'm working on for a Christmas gift for The Offspring's younger siblings.

A close up of the Buttercup Sprites. The candles are lurking in the back, adorned by a felt daisy which will eventually be turned into part of the Daisy Sprites for The Offspring's younger cousins Christmas gift. What can I say? I'm trying to be organised this year, rather than leave everything to the last minute. Like I usually do... :)

Another close up of the Sprites. Complete with my hairclip holding the beard of Mr Sprite to his head so that the glue might dry! Mother Sprite (to the extreme left) will have a buttercup petal cloak between those two greens on her, the hat on the head of the little Sprite will adorn Mr Sprite's head once the beard's set in place (the little Sprite has an acorn styled felt hat already on his head!), and that little one there? That was the start of this madness. The Buttercup Baby.

I admit to having somewhat grand ideas for this year's Christmas gifts to The Offspring's younger family members - two sets of five Sprites, two mushroom "houses" (hopefully with opening doors, if I can figure out the mechanics of it all), eight playmats to give the children "scenes" to play with the Sprites on, a couple of small "companions" for the Sprites (so far a snail for one and a ladybug for the other), and bags to fit everything in. But, y'know, there's a whole five months between now and December 25th. As long as I can work them in amongst family life, actual work commitments, the commissions I've recently started getting for my word hangers and other creations... it's do-able. On top of which, I'm having a blast consulting with The Boy over what he thinks should be included. And that, actually, is what will make this more worthwhile to me!

Encouraging him to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment