Wednesday 11 July 2012

Workspace/WIP Wednesday

My work space today...


A finished family of Buttercup Sprites.

To show the back of Mother Sprite's buttercup petal cloak...

Baby Buttercup Sprite - The Boy's grand idea was that the baby Sprites have to look like flowers, because they can't run away from humans as quickly as older Sprites and need to be camouflaged in order to protect them. I don't ask. I simply make what he asks me to...

A full plethora of Buttercup Sprites and some of the wooden, hand-turned by D, mushrooms to accompany them.  Obviously, the smaller mushrooms won't be going to Smurfling, PJ, Lil'E and Lil'N, (they're too cute for me to want to part with them, actually), but the bigger ones? Yep. Part of the play sets we're steadily pulling together.    

Actually, the Buttercup Sprites were finished a few days ago. The work space has moved on in two different directions. The first one is this: 


Small felt pictures. Again, these are commissions - from my oldest Godson, for his yet-to-be-born younger child, who will be my youngest Godchild (which will bring the total up to 14, all told - oldest of whom is now 23...).

And the second one was only started yesterday (July 10th) and is for The Girl's forthcoming birthday...



Eventually, this will be a clock and have a whole load of tiny flowers and a tree branch underneath the two caterpillars. This is purely The Boy's idea and it took about an hour, all told, to hash out his plans/design ideas for what he wants the finished clock to look like - The Girl's name will be spelt out in felt letters over the clockface (which will fit inside that gold wooden circle), too, but the basic design is the caterpillars, the butterfly and a whole load of tiny flowers. *If* this works, and it's a big "if", mind... I can see my making a few more of these. I love clocks, I love working on wall installations, and - more importantly, I think - the finished product is, at least, useful.  We shall see, though.

It is, at least, a design that The Boy can be proud of...

2 comments:

  1. What lovely projects Lene, you have been producing some stunning work recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, H. Nowhere *near* as stunning as your one-a-day citrus slice blanket!!! Now *that* is beautiful! :) x

    ReplyDelete